Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Peep Show

This post is a bit outdated as far as things happening in my life, but oh well, better late then never.

Last year the Washington Post held a competition for people to display Peeps in diorama style. Yes, I do mean Peeps, the little sugar coated marshmallow treats that were originally associated with Easter, but now seem to pop up at every holiday. The reaction was so overwhelmingly positive that I believe that it will become an annual tradition.

This year, I was lucky enough to be able to see the Peep Show in person at Art-o-matic (an art show for amature artists usually put in a building that is being renovated). Below are some of my favorites from this year's Peep Show.


Abbey Road

Lunch building the skycraper (from the famous photograph)

Moving of "The Awakening" (a statue that was moved from Hain's Point to the Capitol Harbor Project, much to my dismay)

Fra-gee-lay! (A Christmas Story)

Project Peepway


The official page including the other finalists is here.

To view 2007's Peep show finalists, click here.